- The layers of men’s skin are approximately 20% thicker than women’s skin, due to which many products designed for feminine use are not effective on men’s skin.
- Male skin pores are larger and there are more oil glands producing more lubrication for a longer period of time. This leads to male skin being more prone to oiliness and acne.
- Men also sweat more than women, and since their body hair is dense, the sweat takes longer to dry, increasing their chances of bacterial infection. A good skin care hygiene is very important to maintain the skin health.
- Daily shaving has some uncomfortable side effects on the skin. Constant abrasion of skin due to razor, alkaline shaving products and lack of regular moisturizing makes male skin appear darker and irritated. The skin tends to over produce melanin, the naturally present skin pigment responsible for your color. This leads to hyper pigmentation of your skin and formation of dark patches.
- Men’s skin is somewhat deeper in skin color due to greater amount of melanin in skin cells. For best results on skin lightening/fairness, one must use the skin fairness products designed specifically to deliver skin lightening.
Fair & Handsome, through its pioneering research in Indian men’s skin, has designed the No. 1 Fairness cream for men.